- This event has passed.
Saturday Social Ride
10th October 2020 @ 9:40 am - 1:00 pm
Please come and join us for a social ride leaving from outside BSpoke in Peebles tomorrow (10 Oct) at 09.40 – please gather (socially distanced) at the side road beside the shop to avoid crowding the pavement.
Contact details will be passed to the PCC Covid co-ordinator (confidentially) for track and trace purposes. Please bring a mask and your own supplies (tube, pump and food). There will be no coffee stop.
Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household has symptoms (temp/cough/loss or change in sense of smell or taste). Social distancing applies whenever you are not riding.
Route- cycle down path to Innerleithen (we can meet anyone from Inners at no 1 cafe) and then pipers grave, Heriot, Fountainhall, stow, Clovenfords and back to Innerleithen.
Speed will be a social 13-15 mph, no one gets left behind
If you plan to come tomorrow please email me your contact details (name, phone number and email address) in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are new rules which mean we can’t cross into to a health board area which under additional measures. Basically we can’t go into south Lanarkshire or Lothian. Anyone who lives in one of the restricted areas should not attend. Here is a link to the guidelines https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/…/Supplementary_Informati…
Recent changes to the Covid restrictions in Scotland has enabled Scottish Cycling to establish a protocol for organised club activities which PCC have adopted. The guidance states:
- You should not attend a ride if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, cough, loss or change in sense of taste or smell)
- All rides will have a Lead Rider who will gather all the contact details of the riders.
- Your contact details need to be given to the Ride Leader, preferably before the ride (to reduce the workload for the leader on the day)
- All contact details will be kept confidential for 21 days and then deleted. If a person in the group tests positive the club is required to provide the NHS Scotland ‘Test and Protect’ programme with contact details of all ride participants. If this arises, then NHS Scotland may contact you.
- Ride Leaders will have performed a risk assessment ensuring that any additional risk that may be present due to COVID-19 has been considered
- When not riding, you will need to observe social distancing.
We also ask riders to note:-
- It is important to arrive at the start of the ride a few minutes early to allow time for the Ride Leader to brief participants.
- You will need to be self sufficient regarding face covering, spares, food, drink etc.
- All participants are asked to be using the Protect Scotland app
All PCC rides will be under these guidelines (until things change!).