- This event has passed.
Saturday Morning Social Ride
19th June 2021 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday road ride, earlier than usual. For those not competing in the GT7 there will be a more relaxed ride leaving from adjacent to BSpoke at 09.15, or the Downhill car park corner at Inners at 09.45. Plan is to head down the Tweed then round by Leaderfoot, Earlston (coffee??) and Bowland. 93k Peebles to Peebles at 13-15mph, just for a mix of units.
Join us if you can. Will take details for test and trace in the morning.
Recent changes to the Covid restrictions in Scotland has enabled Scottish Cycling to establish a protocol for organised club activities which PCC have adopted. The guidance states
- Rides will be advertised via the club Facebook page and the club website (www.peeblescycling.org).
- You should not attend a ride if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, cough, loss or change in sense of taste or smell)
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- The decrease from 15 participants stated in Scottish Government guidelines to 9 participants in Scottish Cycling guidelines is to maintain ride safety with the physical distancing requirements.
- A risk assessment will be performed before the planned activity and if physical distancing cannot be safely maintained with 9 participants then the number will be decreased.
- Adults are not permitted to travel outside their local authority to participate in club activity
- Riders’ contact details for Test and Protect must be given to the Ride Leader before the ride and will be collated in the same way as previously with the details sent confidentially to our Covid-19 ride Coordinator. They will be deleted after 21 days. If a person in the group tests positive the club is required to provide the NHS Scotland ‘Test and Protect’ programme with contact details of all ride participants. If this arises, then NHS Scotland may contact you.
- Ride Leaders will have performed a risk assessment ensuring that any additional risk that may be present due to COVID-19 has been considered
We also ask riders to note:-
- It is important to arrive at the start of the ride a few minutes early to allow time for the Ride Leader to brief participants.
- You will need to be self sufficient regarding face covering, spares, food, drink etc.
- All participants are asked to be using the Protect Scotland app
All PCC rides will be under these guidelines (until things change!).
If no leader is announced, please contact email@example.com and I will ask the ride leader to contact you.