PCC Confined Weekly Time Trials
2013 Time Trials
- Weekly registration will be as previous years via email.
- For event routes please click on the event at the adjacent date and this will take you to a description of the route. i.e. if you click on ‘Home Run’ below it will take you to http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_1826519.html
- Please note that registration will start from 18.00 on the preceding Sunday and will close on Tuesday evening at 18.00.
- Normal Club Confined TT Rules apply ie. first-claim PCC members only, maximum 25 riders.
- Entry is £1 (Free for youth or junior riders).
- Please sign at least 20 mins before the start.
- Ever wanted to know a bit more about TT or want to know where to improve, see this handy guide to time trialling complied by Ewan Gowrie for us all to enjoy!
The regulations of the TT’s in brief are as follows:
- First-claim PCC members only, maximum 25 riders.
- Participation of all cyclists is at the riders own risk.
- The Highway code must be adhered to at all times.
- Helmets are compulsory.
- Riders shouldn’t use ipods etc. during events for obvious reasons.
- It gets dark pretty early at the start and finish of the season so for the first couple of rides in April and the last few events in August – a rear light is strongly recommended.
- Drafting: Riders must ride entirely alone without assistance. You must not take shelter from any other rider or from any vehicles on the road. If you catch up with a rider ahead of you, pass as quickly as possible without trying to gain an advantage by drafting. Once passed, the onus of avoiding riding in company changes to the rider just overtaken who must then drop back by at least 10 meters before attempting any comeback at the overtaking rider (the distance increases to 25 meters in open events).
Wed 17th April -Mini Meldons Time-Trial-Mini-Meldons-Results-17th-April-2013
Wed 24th April- Peebles-Howford-Peebles Time-Trial-Peebles-Howford-Peebles-Results-24th-April-2013
Wed 1st May- Shiplaw-Meldons Time-Trial-Shiplaw-Meldons-Results-1st-May-2013
Wed 8th May- Time-Trial-Stobo-Results-8th-May-2013
Wed 15th May – Mini Meldons Time-Trial-Mini-Meldons-Results-15th-May-2013
Wed 22nd May - Stobo-Dreva-Stobo
Wed 29th May - Mini Meldons
Wed 5th June - Leadburn -
Wed 12th June - Peebles-Howford-Peebles
**Wed 19th June** No event – Beltane
Wed 26th June - Stobo-Dreva-Stobo
Wed 3rd July – Shiplaw -Meldons
We 10th July – New course at Innerleithen (Still to be risk assessed)
Wed 17th July- Mini Meldons
Wed 24th July - Leadburn
Wed 31st August - Stobo 10
Wed 7th Aug - Stobo-Dreva-Stobo
Wed 14th Aug - Peebles-Howford-Peebles
Wed 21st Aug - Stobo-Dreva-Stobo
Wed 28th Aug - Stobo 10
Sun 9th Oct – Hill Climb
4th April – Stobo 10 - PCC Time Trial Results Stobo 4th April 2012
11th April – Mini Meldons -PCC Time Trial Results Mini Meldons 11th April 2012
22nd April Stobo 10 *Novices TT*PCC-Time-Trial-Results-Stobo-Novices-22nd-April-2012
20th June – No event (Beltane)
27th June – Stobo-Dreva-Stobo – Cancelled due to flooding / Monsoon!
4th July – Meldons – PCC Time Trial Results Shiplaw-Meldons 4th July 2012 (Course shortened due to flooding)
11th July – Stobo 10 – Cancelled due to flooding
18th July- Mini Meldons – Cancelled due to flooding
31st July TT Summary 2012 31st July 2012
1st Aug – Stobo 10 – Changed to Mini Meldons due to flooding – PCC Time Trial Results Mini Meldons 1st August 2012
7th August TT Summary 7th August 2012
8th Aug – Stobo-Dreva-Stobo ***Note Change to Mini-Meldons due to Flooding** – PCC-Time-Trial-Results-Mini-Meldons-8th-August-2012
14th August TT Summary 14th August 2012
15th Aug – Peebles-Howford-Peebles – Cancelled due to flooding
23rd Aug – TT Summary 23rd August 2012
29th Aug – Stobo 10 – Results – Cancelled due to flooding – rearranged for Thursday 30th Aug.
7th Oct - PCC Time Trial Results Hill Climb 7th October 2012 – Results